Dogs are such intelligent creatures, and they love to be challenged with new things to learn, and to spend fun time with their families. People love to watch dogs doing funny, as well as useful tricks, such as playing basketball, picking up their own toys, and putting down the toilet lid. Idiot's Guides: Dog Tricks shows readers more than 80 dog tricks, and how to enjoy time with their dogs while teaching them these amazing skills.
In this book readers get:
- Clear explanations and steps for how to get started using positive methods, including clicker training and lure-and-reward training, to teach dog tricks.
- Helpful information on using rewards, cues, and body language to communicate to the dog what you want him to do.
- A primer on teaching basic skills dogs need to have before they can learn tricks, which also make them easier to live with on a daily basis.
- Step-by-step instructions, illustrated with color photos, for teaching dogs more than 80 fun tricks and skills, from basic to advanced.
- Easy-to-skim details on tools and equipment needed, hand signals, and cues for each trick.
- Tips for incorporating props into tricks, and taking the show on the road.
Idiot's Guides: Dog Tricks is available to purchase from Amazon as either paperback or kindle version.